Divorce | Without This Ring
Finally, the one book every woman needs to navigate, process and survive midlife divorce!
Midlife divorce is skyrocketing and women are initiating divorce in higher numbers than ever before in history. Psychotherapist Abby Rodman surveyed hundreds of women who divorced in midlife to find out the whys, whats and hows of their experiences.
Packed with personal stories, fascinating statistics, helpful checklists, expert advice and practical tips, Without This Ring is a necessary and critical read at any stage of midlife divorce – whether you’re just starting to consider it or you’ve already come out the other side.
Abby Rodman is a relationship expert, author and speaker, renowned for her focus on midlife dating, marriage and divorce. Abby is regularly sought out by print, broadcast and online media outlets for her expertise. She has also successfully lived through and beyond her own midlife divorce.
Without This Ring: A Woman’s Guide to Successfully Living Through and Beyond Midlife Divorce will help you:
- When I published “Without This Ring,” I had one goal in mind: To help any and all those suffering in unhappy marriages make their best decisions about next steps, and to support those who had already made the life-changing and life-wrenching decision to divorce. In short, this book has touched readers in exactly the way I intended and the feedback has been overwhelming.
- Below is an excerpt (printed with permission) from a reader:
- I devoured your book “Without this Ring”. It was what I needed to hear, when I needed to hear it….after 30 years! Yes, I’m afraid so. But there’s so much good news, too! It’s like I woke up while I was reading your book and you shined a light in my soul and said ” Yes, it’s your turn and it’s OK”. I’m putting all my pieces in place, but I’ve decided and I’m terrified, and excited and guilty and in awe that one book from a woman who spoke to me like a girlfriend in my living room could finally get through to me before I lived another 20 or 30 years with someone who was never going to give me an elastic hair tie moment, and never had! But I am unwilling to hide my unhappiness from him any longer. The hardest work has been done…living unauthentically for 30 years while holding a family together and making it look effortless. The next hardest part, the mechanics and trauma of untangling our lives, won’t be easy, but I’m ready. And I’ll read your book another four times to keep the courage flowing and remind myself of the happiness and freedom that is waiting just beyond this experience! And when I get the chance to meet you, I’m going to hug you and say, “Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! “.
- Accept your avalanche of conflicted feelings as part of the process
- Process your midlife divorce decision no matter what stage you’re in
- Recognize where you’re stuck and how to move forward
- Assess where your marriage failed and why
- Know yourself better as a result of your midlife divorce
- Relieve yourself of any guilt or shame surrounding your decision
- Identify future relationship pitfalls
- Realize you’re not swimming alone in the chaotic sea of midlife divorce
- Know there is an end to the insanity and that you will be just fine.
You can buy Without This Ring via these retailers: